1. SEB 28. Tartu Jooksumaraton (28. JM) is organized by Club Tartu Maraton, in co-operation with its sponsors and supporters.
2. 28. JM will be organized according to the Race Rules of the Estonian Athletic Association, current Race Regulations, and the decisions made by the Council and Board of Club Tartu Maraton.
3. 28. JM will take place on May 9th 2009.
23,4 km (23 km further in the rules) mass-start (running and Nordic Walking) at 11:00 on Tehvandi Ski Stadium, in Otepää; finish at Elva Shooting Range. 23km Nordic Walking is not a competition, the results will be published in alphabetical order, without ranking.
10 km mass-start at (running and Nordic Walking) 12:00 at Elva Shooting Range.
10 km distance is not a competition. The results of 10 km running and Nordic Walking will be published in alphabetical order, without ranking. Finish of both races at Elva Shooting Range.
4. There are 2 sprints (5,3 km and 12,7 km) and 4 service points (SP) on 23 km track (Kirikuküla – 5,3 km, Paluveski - 11 km, Ketneri – 15,6 km, Sassi -19,6 km); and 2 SP-s on 10 km track (Illi - 3 km, Sassi - 6 km).
5. Control times of SP’s:
1. Kirikuküla SP 5,3 km 12:15
2. Paluveski SP 11 km 13:45
3. Ketneri SP 15,6 km 15:00
4. Sassi SP 19,6 km 15:45
Finish 23,4 km 16:30
Participants who do not pass the SP in the control time, will be disqualified and transported to the finish by bus.
6. The race course runs mainly on the gravel and forest roads and partially on asphalt roads. The course is marked. Using outside help for moving on leads to disqualification. The disqualification also bases on the video recordings of the race that will be watched through before publishing official results on May 14th 2010.
7. Roads are open to the traffic. Participants must follow the traffic signs and regulations from the traffic regulators. For spectators moving on the course by bicycle is not forbidden but regarding the safety, they are not allowed to disturb or service runners. For cyclists (except organizers) it is forbidden to ride in front of the leader (including the leader among Women) closer than 300m. Cyclists must consider the regulations given by organizers and traffic regulators.
8. Everyone will participate at own responsibility!
Age limit: all athletes born in 1995 (10 km 1998) or earlier are allowed to participate. In special occasions younger athletes are allowed to participate with trainer’s written permission.
Age groups: Women: N17 (birth years 1995-93), N20 (92-90), N21 (89-76), N35 (75-71), N40 (70-66), N45 (65-61), N50 (60-56), N55 (55-51), N60 (50-46), N65 (45 and earlier); Men: M17 (95-93), M20 (92-90), M21 (89-76), M35 (75-71), M40 (70-66), M45 (65-61), M50 (60-56), M55 (55-51), M60 (50-46), M65 (45-41), M70 (40-36), M75 (35 and earlier)
9. Start groups
Elite group 1 – 100
I group 101 – 200
II group 201 – 300
III group 301 – 500
IV group 501 – 700
V group 701 – 1000
VI group 1001 - …
VII group Nordic Walking
I group running
II group Nordic Walking
Only during registration before 03.05.2010, the results of Tartu Jooksumaraton 2009 (coef 1) or (in case of no result in 2009) 2008 (coef 1,2) will be taken into consideration for disposing the start numbers for 23 km. Athletes, who have not participated last two years, will get start numbers to the last start groups in the order of the registration.
Elite group is composed of 1-10 by Estonian Athletic Association running standing list of 31.12.2009 + top 100 in 2009 Tartu Jooksumaraton. NB! Starting from a wrong group will lead to disqualification!
The start numbers for 10 km race and Nordic Walking are in the order of registrations.
The start list by start groups will be issued on website on April 22nd, the start list by start numbers will be issued on website on May 5th.
10. Registration takes place on Club Tartu Maraton website http://www.tartumaraton.ee (up to 7.05.2010 at 17:00), and in the Race Office in Club Tartu Maraton (up to 6.05.2010 at 17:00) or in the other places approved by the organizers and announced by the press.
11. Entry fees:
NB! No registration on the day of the race!
On registration for 10km race, must be marked participation either in running or nordic walking!
In case of giving up the participation, entry fee will not be refunded.
12. Handout of start-numbers takes place in the race centre on 7.-8.05.2010 at 9:00-19:00 and 9.05.2010 in the start areas.
13. Re-registration (changing of distance, number or name) can take place only in the secretariat or by written application up to 17:00 on 8.05.2010. There will be no re-registration on the day of the race. Re- registration fee is 50 EEK + difference of the participation fees of distances. Starting under wrong name leads to disqualification!
14. Start fee includes: prepared & marked course; starting package; time keeping in case of correctly attached chip; result in the results list (on short race in alphabetical order); service and catering in the all SP-s and finish; awarding; diploma with name, time and placing; medal; transport of luggage from start to finish; medical service, if necessary; transport for abandoned athletes; gold and silver pins according to the statute.
15. To get a result the time keeping chip must be correctly attached to your running shoes from start to finish. After exiting the finish corridor, hand the chip to the organizer. The participant is responsible for the chip from the moment start number is handed out until it is handed over in the finish. In case of losing or not returning the chip, penalty 470 EEK (30 EUR) will follow and Club Tartu Maraton issues the bill.
16. Unofficial results will be constantly updated on the information board in the finish area and on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee. The Official results will be issued by 14.05.2010 at 17:00 on the website http://www.tartumaraton.ee, and the results magazine will be issued in one month.
17. Medical aid is organized by Estonian Disaster Relief Team. The medical workers on bikes with medical equipment will follow the race all the way, wearing Red Cross on their backs. There are ambulances in the start, in the finish and in all SP-s. If you see someone in trouble on the course, please try to help and let the organizers know immediately or call 112!
18. There are shuttle buses to the start from Tartu and Elva and from Elva to start areas; the bus ticket for a day costs 25 EEK (can be bought on the race day from the bus).
19. Parking in Otepää is for free; cars are directed to the parking lots in the order of fulfill. Parking in Elva costs 50 EEK, for buses with more that 10 seats it is free.
20. Things lost and found must be given to SP chiefs, who transport the things to the secretariat. Owners can get their lost things from Club Tartu Maraton during one month after the race.
21. Awarding. 12 first men and 6 women of 23 km will be awarded with medals, cups and awards at the prize-giving ceremony at 13:00. There will be special prizes, raffle prizes and cups for age group winners of 23km.
22. The protests concerning the race results and breaking the Race Regulations etc must be brought up to Jury as follows:
• concerning first 100 finishers during 1 hour after first 100 participants have finished
• concerning all the others, up to closing time of the finish
The cost of a protest (except of these concerning results) is 500 EEK, which will be refunded only when the protest has been met. The protests concerning unofficial results can be brought up until 12.05.2010 by 17:00 to the Race Office in Club Tartu Maraton. All written protests concerning the organization will be solved by the Jury.
23. Other protest cases, not stated in current Rules, will be solved by the Organizing Committee.